Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dead remote batteries

Famous quotes:

Beth, complaining to James how she has all these bruises on her but has no idea where they came from.

"oh, some might have come from when I was poking you with my poking stick when you fell asleep."

We all had a good laugh and that was that.

side note:

Two days later James and I were hanging out playing Halo in his room when the phone rang. As I searched for the remote I was stunned to see James reach for the phone with one hand and reach under his bed with the other, revealing a long, thin, wooden device. a device he then proceeded to wave around in the air until he managed to rest it on the televisions volume button.

It took a while to click but I got there eventually.

Evidently the statement "When I was poking you with my poking stick when you fell asleep" Not a euphemism!, completely literal.... you just can't make this shit up.

It did occur to me later that none of us were laughing at the same thing.

I was laughing from some slick wordplay and childish guy humour, Beth was laughing at the idea of James poking her with his man made poker stick thingy as she slept, and James was laughing at the fact that I was under the impression he was talking about his penis when he was actually not.

Recently though James was belting out a rant about his boss to which he referred to him utilizing his poking stick. The statement confused me more than that of which I'm proud of.

No comments: